Soap from Marseille is one of our favourite zero waste products. Despite its simple formula, this is a multi-use product.
Be selective when choosing Marseille soap
There are many Marseille soap imitations. Therefore, it is very important to know exactly what it is and how to make an informed choice. There are only 4 companies that make Marseille soap via traditional methods. As a result, the majority of the products that are called “Marseille soap” are not.
To know if your soap is really Marseille soap, you should consider the following criteria:
Does not contain more than 6 ingredients.
Does not contain added perfumes or fragrances.
It is a green colour due to the high content of olive oil (72%). If the soap is white, it means that it has been made with palm oil and not olive oil.
It is made in France.
6 ways to use Marseille soap
We recommend that you buy this soap in bars of 400 grams or half a kilo. It is better value and you can cut it up with a serrated knife to use it for various jobs around the house.
Here are some ideas for using Marseille soap:
- You can use it as an alternative to packaged shower gel. It is recommended for all skin types, including sensitive skin and allergy prone skin. You can use it for everything, from washing your hands, to your face and even your body. It doesn’t dry out the skin due to its olive oil based formula.
- You can use it to wash the dishes. Put a little Marseille soap on your sponge/scourer or on dishwashing brush and rub 😉 It is very effective and good value for money.
- It is a very good stain remover. Dampen the stained fabric, rub with the Marseille soap, leave it to work for 20-30 minute and then rinse. If necessary, repeat the process.
- We use it to clean all surfaces. We use it straight or mix it with water and use it to clean the shower, countertops, wash basins, sinks and floors. Once you have the surfaces clean, we recommend that you wipe them over using a cloth or mop with a few drops of white vinegar (pure or diluted in water) so that they shine again.
- It is a very effective natural insecticide. Grate the soap and mix 2 tablespoons with hot water and put the mixture in a spray bottle. To eliminate pests, spray the mixture over the affected plants.
- You can make your own laundry detergent! It is very easy and you will save money. Not to mention that industrial washing powders are made with chemicals potentially harmful to your health and the environment. We chose a simple and quick recipe :
340g of grated Marseille soap (a cheese grater is perfect for this)
A quarter cup of washing soda (85g) (handle carefully and wear gloves)
Be careful not to mistake washing soda for caustic soda (they are 2 different products), the product you are looking for here is known as sodium carbonate (Na2CO3). Take care when handling it and always read the instructions before use.
A quarter cup of baking soda (also known as bicarbonate of soda) (85g)
And that’s it, mix all the ingredients and you homemade laundry detergent is ready!
Some additional tips :
– For a klean a brigth white wash you can add a little sodium percarbonate.
– We substitute fabric softener for white vinegar
To sum up, Marseille soap is not only good for your skin, but is also an essential item to have in a minimalist household. In addition, it’s healthy as it allows you to reduce your use of chemical products in your home.
2 thoughts on “6 WAYS TO USE MARSEILLE SOAP”
How are you? Hope you are fine.
I have been checking your website quite often. It has seen that the main keywords are still not in top 10 ranks. You know things of working; I mean the procedure of working has changed a lot.
So I would like to have opportunity to work for you and this time we will bring the keywords to the top 10 spot with guaranteed period.
There is no wondering that it is possible now because, I have found out that there are few things need to be done for better performances (Some we discuss, in this email). Let me tell you some of them.
1. Title Tag Optimization
2. Meta Tag Optimization (Description, keyword and etc)
3. Heading Tags Optimization
4. Targeted keywords are not placed into tags
5. Alt / Image tags Optimization
6. Google Publisher is missing
7. Custom 404 Page is missing
8. The Products are not following structured markup data
9. Website Speed Development (Both Mobile and Desktop)
10. Off –Page SEO work
Lots are pending……………..
You can see these are the things that need to be done properly to make the keywords others to get into the top 10 spot in Google Search & your sales Increase.
Also there is one more thing to mention that you did thousands of links that time for your website, which are considered as spam after Google roll outs several updates of Panda and penguin. We need to remove them too.
Sir/Madam, please give us a chance to fix these errors and we will give you rank on these keywords.
Please let me know if you encounter any problems or if there is anything you need. If this email has reached you by mistake or if you do not wish to take advantage of this advertising opportunity, please accept my apology for any inconvenience caused and rest assured that you will not be contacted again.
Many thanks for your time and consideration,
If you did not wish to receive this, please reply with “unsubscribe” in the subject line.
Great Article it its really informative and innovative keep us posted with new updates. It was really valuable. Thanks a lot