Five years ago we opened Sinplástico with a dream: to get rid of all the plastic in everyone’s homes by offering plastic-free products that are reusable, affordable and healthy alternatives.
A LOT HAS HAPPENED SINCE THEN:
- We have gone from being a couple of eccentrics trying to launch a business that not many people grasped the concept of, to an incredible team of people who work hard everyday to offer you the most responsible plastic-free products on the market.
- We have witnessed how the awareness regarding the use of plastic has spread like wildfire and we have been right there to help individuals, businesses and consumer groups to change their habits.
- We have felt privileged to share this plastic-free journey with people like yourselves via our talks and workshops.
- We have appeared in the media, such as The guardian and the main Spanish tv Channels, to help the awareness about a plastic-free lifestyle reach people far and wide.
What we feel most proud of, when it comes to Sinplastico, is not all that (although we are proud of that too), but instead everything we have achieved with you on the other end.
Because, you and us together have avoided the consumption of tons of plastic.
THIS IS ALL THE PLASTIC THAT WE HAVE AVOIDED
- 800.000 single-use plastic bottles
Since 2014, we have sold 1,600 stainless steel bottles and flasks with a life lasting at least 10 years each. Taking into account that the approximate average use of bottled water is one small bottle of water per person per week, we have therefore saved 800,000 single-use bottles from being used.
- 1.040.000 disposable plastic bags
Everyone does the shopping at least once a week. At Sinplástico we have sold 4,000 reusable bags with a lifespan of at least 5 years (however if they are taken good care of, they can last a lifetime). Therefore, rounding down, we have avoided the consumption of more than a million plastic bags.
- 68.200.000 plastic drinking straws
According to Greenpeace, each and every person uses an average of 110 straws a year. Our reusable straws have a minimum lifespan of at least 10 years and we have sold 62,000 of them since 2014, thereby avoiding nearly 70 million disposable straws
- 5.200.000 disposable shavers
The effective life of a throw-away shaver is somewhere between 6 and 7 uses. For those who shave regularly, that means that every week they have to change shavers, that corresponds to 52 weeks a year. Our reusable shavers have a lifespan of at least 10 years. Therefore, according to our calculations, we have saved 5,000,000 plastic shavers.
- 960.000disposable sanitary pads
The average woman uses 240 disposable sanitary pads a year and we have sold 4,000. So, we have reduced the need for plastic sanitary pads by nearly one million.
- 960.000 tampons
Each woman uses an average of 200 tampons annually, meanwhile every menstrual cup that we have sold has a useful life of around 8 years. Hence, the 600 menstrual cups we have sold over the last few years have meant that more than 900,000 of their disposable counterparts have been avoided.
ALL THIS HAS BEEN POSSIBLE THANKS TO YOU
Yes you, the person reading these words right now…
That’s right, you, the person who trusts us to help them on their journey to a life with less plastic, the person who rings us when they have doubts, who reads our blog posts, receives our newsletters, follows us on social media and is there to make a comment (even though sometimes we take a while to reply or we don’t get to it as we run out of time, we want you to know we read every one of your tips and the questions you ask us).
You are the most important part of Sinplástico.
Therefore, we want to show our appreciation with a gift.
WE ARE GOING TO RAFFLE 5 PACKS FOR PLASTIC-FREE LIVING
One pack for every year our cooperative has been in existence:
Pack 1.PLASTIC-FREE IN THE KITCHEN, valued at 93,35€
- Stainless Steel Frying Pan 24cm, valued at € 33.40
- Beeswax and Jojoba Reusable Food Wrap Small, valued at € 4.90
- Beeswax and Jojoba Reusable Food Wrap Large, valued at € 8.60
- Reflect Mirror Polished Stainless Steel Bottle 800ml, valued at € 34.90
- Luffa Washing Up Scourer, valued at € 2.95
- Natural Pot Scrubbing Brush, valued at € 3.90
- Bottle Cleaning Brush, valued at € 4.70
Pack 2. PLASTIC-FREE PERSONAL CARE, valued at 91,10€
- Crystal Plastic-free Toothpaste, valued at €11.90
- Boo Bamboo Toothbrush Soft, valued at €5
- Natural Luffa Sponge 13cm, valued at €3.40
- Stainless Steel Travel Soap Box, valued at €10.20
- Natural “Pure” Shampoo Bar for Normal Hair, valued at €10.90
- Oval Pocket Hairbrush with Rounded Wooden Tips, valued at €12
- Organic Cotton Day Sanitary Towel for Regular Flow, valued at €13
- Organic Fabric Breathable Panty Liner, valued at €12
- Certified Organic Olive Oil Soap from Marseille 300g, valued at €4.20
- Two Small Washable Organic Cotton Wipes, valued at €4.80
- Organic Cotton Handkerchief, valued at €3.70
Pack 3. PLASTIC-FREE BABY, valued at 92,95€
- Stainless Steel Kids Water Bottle, valued at 19,90€.
- Two Small Washable Organic Cotton Wipes, valued at €4.80
- Four Washable Wipe for Baby Changing, valued at €12
- Natural Marigold Soap Bar, valued at €4.95
- Natural Chocolate Shampoo Bar for Normal Hair, valued at €9.90
- Stainless Steel Plate 14cm, valued at €3.20
- Two Small Bent Stainless Steel Reusable Straws, valued at €3.70
- Children’s Story “La Ballena Llena”, valued at €15.50
- Wooden Tooth-fairy Box, valued at €8.50
- Boo Bamboo Children’s Toothbrush Soft, valued at €5
- Wooden Baby’s Spoon 14cm, valued at €5.50
Pack 4. PLASTIC-FREE OUTDOOR, valued at 93,55€
- Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Bottle 473ml, valued at €35.90
- Stainless Steel Tumbler with Handle, valued at €7.60
- Stainless Steel and Beechwood Pocket Knife 8.5cm, valued at €10.10
- Round Stainless Steel Lunch Box with Silicone Lid, valued at €20.80
- Organic Cotton Cloth Napkin, valued at €3.90
- “Be part of the change” Organic Cotton Shopping Bag, valued at €7.60
- Organic Cotton Reusable Mesh Produce Bag Small, valued at €3.70
- Organic Cotton Reusable Mesh Produce Bag Medium, valued at €3.95
Pack 5. PLASTIC-FREE AT HOME, valued at 94,50€
- Lint and Animal Hair Remover, valued at €28.60
- Wooden Toilet Brush with Stand, valued at €32.80
- Red Cedar Clothes Moth Protection Discs, valued at €6.50
- Jumbo Wooden Clothes Pegs, valued at €6.90
- Natural Wooden Hand Brush, valued at €5.50
- Short Handled Dustpan, valued at €7.50
- Marseille Olive Oil Soap Flakes, valued at €6.70
To enter all you have to do is fill out this form before November 10th (included), indicating which 2 packs you would prefer to take home.
On the 12th of November we will notify the winners by email and publish the results on the Official Raffle Page .
Ohhhhh, we are already getting excited….
Thank you for these last 5 years
It is a pleasure and a privilege to join you on this journey. Remember that you are not alone and that every step, every gesture, every challenge….matters. Thank you for making the effort to reduce your plastic use. We hope you allow us to keep you company for many years to come.